You are welcome to comment and debate issues on our website, however, we expect participants to treat each other and the writers with respect. We have put the community standards in place to maintain the comments section as a place for robust but civil discussion.
Comments that do not comply with our commenting policy will be deleted. We may edit comments to remove links to commercial websites or personal information.
Please take note:
- Comments that are abusive; defamatory; obscene or vulgar language; promote or incite violence, terrorism, illegal acts, hate speech, or hatred on the grounds of race, xenophobia, ethnicity, cultural identity, religious belief, disability, gender, identity or sexual orientation, or are otherwise objectionable in Talk of Juba’s reasonable discretion shall not be tolerated and will be deleted.
- While debating and strong personal criticism are encouraged and acceptable if justified by facts, unwarranted personal abuse/attacks or offensive terms that target specific groups or person or name-calling is not. Commenters should strive to attack the substance of arguments, rather than the person who is making them. Personal feuds between commenters that deviate from the article being discussed will be removed and commenters’ banned. Please don’t call each other names, harass or bully people in our comments section.
- Copyright/Plagiarism: If notice is received that a comment contains proprietary, copyrighted or plagiarized information, the offending comment will be deleted and the commenter blocked from the further commenting ability.
- Comments that contain clearly misleading or false information will be deleted.
- Privacy: Comments submitted to this website become part of the public domain. To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personal information. Comments that contain personal information, this includes your own information. Phone numbers, email addresses, home addresses, websites, and twitter handles will be deleted. Also, do not use this website to report fraud. For questions regarding our policy and guidelines, or to report abuse, file a complaint through our contact form.
- No spam or advertising: We will remove comments that contain spam, advertising, commercial post, promotion or off-topic, sales pitches, hyperlinks to third-party websites other than YouTube and Wikipedia will be removed.
- Liability: All comments within this website are the responsibility of the individual commenter. By submitting a comment on talkofjuba.com, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, talkofjuba.com, and all post authors and commenters harmless.
- Links: Comments containing links are automatically held in moderation. Any link included in a comment which is blatantly self-promotional (such as linking to a personal MLM or network marketing page) without genuinely contributing to the conversation will be marked as spam and the comment immediately deleted. Repeated attempts will cause the user email and IP address to be blacklisted from commenting further. Links that are relevant and contribute to the conversation within the comments of the website post may be allowed, but if in doubt, please leave it out.
- Relevance: Please keep all comments on topic and relevant to the post being read. Comments that are an obvious attempt at promotional purposes, intended to gain traffic, backlinks, brand exposure, or increased personal site traffic will be deleted and the commenter will be blocked from further talkofjuba.com interaction. If you leave a comment or question that is unrelated to the post topic, it will likely go unanswered. If you have a question about a specific topic, please search for it using the provided search box. Or you can suggest a topic to cover using the contact form.
We reserve the right to remove comments that violate these standards or are disruptive of the community without providing substantive debate. Failure to adhere to or comments policy and guidelines may lead to blocking of offending users. Our moderator’s decision to block offending users is final.
We have two commenting systems, Disqus and Facebook Comments. You can use any of the two systems to comment on Talk of Juba website.
Thank you for being our loyal reader and participating in discussions on Talk of Juba’s website. Please contribute to the conversation by commenting often!