President Salva Kiir has issued an order forming the Humanitarian High-Level Oversight Committee. The committee according to the order read on SSBC Saturday evening will oversee the smooth operations of the humanitarian aid agencies across the country.
The new committee is also tasked with removing all the illegal road blocks which are hindering aid delivery to hunger-stricken people of South Sudan. The committee chaired by cabinet affairs minister Martin Elia, comprises of the national ministers, security officials and members from UNOCHA and UNMISS.
The nine-member committee comprises of the following members:
1. Elia Martin, Minister of Cabinet Affairs
2. Hussien Mar, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs
3. Awut Deng, Minister of Gender
4. Mangar Buong, SPLA deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
5. Akol Koor, Director for Internal Security Bureau
6. James Biel Ruot, Deputy Police IGP
7. Lokulenge Lole Timayo, Chairman of the South Sudan Relief and Rehabilitation Commission (RRC)
8. Representative of UNOCHA
9. Representative of UNMISSS